vintage hollywood arcade cards

I came across a set of amazing Vintage Arcade Cards at Brimfield Fair in May. I was 
initially drawn to the beautiful images of Hollywood starlets but my Dad filling me in on 
the history of the cards sealed the purchase.


One of the things I love most about antiquing is learning about the history of items I
come across.  Asking questions is one of the fastest ways to get to know shop owners, 
think of a trip to an antiques store or fair as a free history class without the boring lecture. 



















































It turns out these vintage cards were once dispensed by a machine in arcades at 10 
cents a pop.  Printed in the USA, these cards have become sought after collectibles. 
I find myself wondering if today's hollywood gals could stand up to these timeless ladies...




I am now regretting not getting more. 





No comments:

Post a Comment